Friday, March 7, 2008

It's...dress and skirt season!

Spring comes early to San Diego, so it's time to bust out the skirts and dresses. I couldn't be happier - the jeans + top + cardigan formula is getting mighty old.

I took stock of my closet and here's what I turned up with:

From L to R: Nordstrom, Loehmann's, Nordstrom, Forever 21. By far, my favorite is the white one. It fits like a glove and has a really flattering A-line shape. When I wear it with a half-slip, it's not see-through at all, and looks gauzy and effortless.

From L to R: Urban Outfitters, Bluefly.com. The purple one I wear all the time; it's your basic T-shirt dress with a wide neckline and ruching at the sides to give it some shape. The navy one I tend to ignore, but now that I have a really good cardigan collection I'll start wearing it to work quite a bit (topped with a cardigan). I need to check whether it might benefit from being shortened a few inches (because I'm tarty like that).

So my wardrobe of skirts and dresses is small but serviceable. I could probably stand to add some work-appropriate fun printed dresses. I love dresses, but I'm super-picky about prints and materials, so we'll see how that goes.

And here's one from the shopping hall of shame. I bought this top at Anthropologie ages ago. It's silk and was on sale for $40. Cute, right? Well, I haven't worn it, and the tag is still attached. I suck! But I'm definitely going to start wearing it this spring.

By the way, if I were to buy just one new skirt and dress this spring, it would probably be these. Of course, my favorites change weekly (daily? hourly?).

Twill Tulip Skirt, $78 at Anthropologie
This skirt looks MUCH darker in the catalog photo...I must investigate it in person!

Mai Ogi Minidress, $158
Pretty color, neat print, flattering shape. Me like.

No comments: