Friday, January 11, 2008

On a mission

Vintage ceramic hands. Photo from restyle's Flickr stream.


Jazzed up by all the fun I had at the Stars antique mall in Portland, I'm going to invade all the major antique stores in San Diego. I've poked around a few, especially those in Hillcrest, but it's time for an all-out assault. No old crap will escape my gaze or grubby hands.

Besides wanting to inhale dust for the fun of it, I'm on a mission to expand my collection of vintage mirrors - including hand mirrors and mirror trays. I would also like one of those ceramic hands that were used as glove molds (I think) - they're great for rings/necklaces. But who knows what old crap will call out to me?

My short list includes:
Tomorrow I'll probably hit up one of the antique malls. I figure they'll be a good starting point.

Wish me luck!

No comments: