Sunday, April 13, 2008

Adventures in vintage, part 4

I keep telling myself that buying vintage online is risky business because of sizing/quality/condition issues, but it hasn't stopped me yet. Here are two items I couldn't resist snapping up this weekend:

A 50s nylon slip. I love slips, and this is one of the cutest I've ever seen. Slips are awesome because they are good for four things:
1. wearing under dresses and skirts
2. loungin'
3. sleepin'
4. seducin'

Anyway, the slip is from etsy seller shrinkle, who I discovered via galadarling.com. Shrinkle also has this handmade 50s apron for sale, which is so flippin' cute I couldn't bring myself to buy it because I would cry if I ever got food on it.

It's blue! It's aqua! It's...a reversible skirt! I was actually going to look for similar skirts at American Apparel, but this one is waaay cooler. I bought it from ramonawest, who offers a really well-chosen selection of vintage items.

No comments: