Tuesday, February 26, 2008

The ineptitude is strong with this one

Man...this contact lens-wearing business has gotten hairy.

On Saturday, I succeeded for the first time in getting them in, and scampered around the park to celebrate.

Sunday, I got the suckers in within 20 minutes.

Monday, I came home from work and got them in within 15 minutes.

Today, I decided to take the plunge and try to get them in before work, so I could actually enjoy them throughout my day. No such luck! I struggled for about 25 minutes, until I had no more time to struggle because it was time to skedaddle.

This evening I came home from work and got them in within 20 minutes. The right eye was a real bitch, and I struggled with it for most of the time. The left one popped in without much trouble.

I had a theory that after I learned to put the contacts in, each successive time I would cut my personal best in half - until I hit a terminal velocity (so to speak) of one or two minutes. Obviously, this hasn't really panned out. Yet.

Tomorrow I'm going to wake up early, shower to get my eyes nice and awake, and then do my thang. Then I'll go to work and chat up Eric, the coffee cart guy. It will be grand.

No comments: