Monday, February 11, 2008

I need a boyfriend with a foot fetish

With over $60 to burn on a Nordstrom gift card, I headed down to Nordstrom Rack for, uh, research. Actually, I'd got this idea in my head that I needed a pair of black pumps or Mary Janes I could wear with tights, and when I get an idea like that in my head, it eats away at my brain until I scratch the itch. I believe that is called "obsessiveness," but I'm not sure.

Anyhoo, the shoe selection at N. Rack was pretty dismal and I was about to leave when - yeah, I think you know where this story is going.

So here they are. You can't really tell from the picture, but the heels are red. Not really a bright red, but an oxblood. The effect is sort of Mod, I would say.


And because I'm not a total masochist, I bought Foot Petals. They run about $8 for three pairs at N. Rack, and are totally worth it unless you are one of those women who gets off on complaining about how her feet hurt.

Oh yeah, and the shoes are Nine West cost $31.

Edit: They are online at Piperlime for $55 and Endless.com for $75.

2 comments:

Anne At Large said...

Soooo... have you used the Foot Petals before? Do they slide around or stick to your feet? I've only tried other similar brands and they always drive me nuts.

Marianne said...

Anne, I have tried lots of cheapo versions that also drove me nuts. I'm wearing the Foot Petals today and they are a-ok. They have a bit of adhesive on the back so they stick in the shoe, and they seem to confer a good amount of padding/comfort. Of course, the downside is that you can't transfer them from shoe to shoe once you stick them in. Overall I like them.