Wednesday, December 26, 2007

A San Diegan in Portland

Portland is so fun and so, so cold. Today is my first day on my own, using my cousin's loft in the Pearl District as my launch pad. I ventured out to pick up some things at Rite Aid about an hour ago, and during that walk I nearly froze to death. No kidding. My cheeks still feel as if they are set to escape my face.

On the plus side, though, my cousin's loft is a decorator's dream. If I do nothing else today, I'm going to pick up some paint chips from the store nearby so we can start mulling over colors.

Urg. So cold. At least it's not snowing like it did yesterday, though!

4 comments:

drwende said...

Ooh -- please convince your cousin to let you take lots of before, during, and after photos. I need to live vicariously through someone else's paint chips.

Decorno said...

You have to visit Portland in the summer and you'll realize the cold months are totally worth it. :)

Marianne said...

Wende-
Unfortunately, we did not make much progress on the decorating front, so no thrilling before-or-afters.

Decorno-
Honestly, I'm tempted. You also reminded me that I need to check out Seattle, as I've never been there. Maybe I'll go there this spring.

Marianne said...

Tempted to move to Portland, I mean.