Monday, May 5, 2008

Success!

I received a bead order in the mail today with apatite, lapis lazuli and rutilated quartz and couldn't wait to work with the apatite in this great teal color. If I have a signature color, it's teal. I had this chain and this toggle closure lying around, and parlayed them into a necklace. Personally I love the look of having the toggle in the front of the necklace - I think it's modern and eye-catching.

As you can see in the background, I have more teal apatite, some rectangular rutilated quartz, and tiny sapphires waiting their turn. Lots to play with, and two more bead orders (tanzanite, tourmaline, moonstone, smoky quartz, and rose quartz) to come in the mail soon!

1 comment:

drwende said...

Gorgeous! I love the toggle-at-front idea... on chains, it always slips around to the front anyway, so make a virtue of it.