Friday, May 2, 2008

Meme time!

I usually ignore memes, but this one from Wende captured my fancy.

What accessories do you wear everyday?

None.

What is your beauty routine?
Morning: light moisturizer/sunscreen, eyeshadow primer, eyeshadow, mascara, eyebrow wax set with powder, face powder and sometimes blush. Evening: a different kind of moisturizer (redness reducing stuff) after facewashing. Every third day I wash and condition my hair and blowdry it to within an inch of its life. I also file my nails constantly and sometimes polish them.

What was the last item of clothing (for yourself) that you purchased?
Reversible, full, knee-length vintage skirt from Etsy.

Do you use a dresser, closet, or both?
Both, though my dresser is actually just a single-compartment Lane chest.

What type of earrings are in your ears right now?
None. I'm dressed in a 60s mod style today and earrings don't go with the outfit.

Do you wear glasses?
Yes, but only at the computer. Otherwise, it's just contacts.

Do you wear makeup?
Hell yes! I just brush a bit of powder on my face, so 90% of my makeup effort goes into defining my eyes. Today I'm wearing four different colors of eyeshadow (an all-over neutral color, two shades of purple, and a bit of pink at the outside corners.) Also, I feel naked without mascara and filling in my eyebrows. I don't wear lipstick, but I love tinted lip balms.

What is your favorite perfume?
None. I'm very sensitive to perfumes and all other scents.

Is your motto "quality over quantity" when it comes to clothing and accessories?
Increasingly, yes. If pressed I could probably create a functional wardrobe out of 10% of the stuff I own, and not particularly miss the other 90%.

Do you wear rain boots?
Never had a reason to.

Do you wear socks or slippers when your feet get cold?
Sometimes, but when I'm at home (i.e. not wearing shoes) I'm usually curled up under a blanket anyway.

Do you have a set of travel luggage?
No, but I want some. In a distinctive color, like baby blue.

If you are married, did you wear a veil with your wedding dress?
Not married. If I ever get married I'm wearing a cobalt blue silk dress with some sort of vintage fascinator with a little scrap of birdcage netting. It'll be super duper glamorous.

Do you wear a watch?
No, I can't stand stuff on my wrists.

Do you prefer zippers or buttons?
Buttons. I like how they force you to slow down and focus on what you're doing. Also, stuff gets caught in zippers and that's no fun.

2 comments:

Anne At Large said...

This is a good one, I had to do it too - on my new blog! I just had to share since I linked you and I think it's probably polite to make sure that's ok with you. Is it?

Also, have you ever considered posting more outfit pictures? I'm curious about this whole 60's mod thing...

Marianne said...

Welcome to the blogosphere, Anne! Of course I appreciate the link and the heads-up.

I've definitely considered more outfit pictures. Mainly, I'm shy, and destroy my look by biking home from work. However, I do hope to photograph some of my snappier ensembles - including the 60s mod one.