Monday, July 7, 2008

News!

  • My Fourth of July weekend was action-packed with all of my favorite things: eating hot dogs and playing Frisbee on the beach; going mountain biking (and kicking the ass of my male companion in the process); cooking dinner with friends; checking out a new bead shop in the area. I could go on, but those were the highlights. Bliss.
  • Turns out that an action-packed weekend, as well as the stress of working two jobs, makes for a slight illness. Cough cough.
  • Hadley Freeman is still awesome.
  • So is this article about suicide from the NYT Magazine. A strange subject, perhaps, but a fascinating one - and the article upends the conventional thinking about suicide without the smug seriousness that Slate writers often bring to the table (no offense to Slate.)
  • The blue Anthro bag I blogged in the previous post? It is mine. Oh so mine.

No comments: