Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Moving Day!

Today was moving day at the office. Oh yes...they like to shuffle us around every so often. Kind of like how elementary school teachers shuffle kids around each semester, just for the hell of it.

I got the new seating chart a couple of days and and my eyes lit up. By some incredible stroke of luck, I was assigned to sit in the most scenic, sunkissed area of the office, right along a huge wall of windows. We're on the the 9th floor with a stunning view of Old Town, the airport, Balboa Park, and other scenes, so this is a big deal.

As 4pm rolled around, about half of the people at the agency packed up their desks and migrated either east or west. By and large, the Search Department and Account Services simply switched places. After scoping out my new desk all week, I was READY! The woman whose desk I was taking wasn't quite as quick, though, so I took a quick siesta on one of the couches in the small conference room.

Right around 5 I got all settled in and enjoyed my new space for a whole 30 second before I left.

Of course, now I'm sitting right by the entrance to the CEO's office. I am not sure how I feel about this. He's in the office pretty rarely. However - more importantly - I am now very close to the kitchen. No more long treks to get water or bagels!

(By the way, the image above is not my office. Though I'd be thrilled if it was.)

[image from Jackie Blue Home]

No comments: