Tuesday, October 16, 2007

How I Spent My Weekend.

Well, the seminar was a rousing success! I enjoyed it in all its hippie-dippy, self-help, "you form your own experience" cheesiness, and I'd totally be lying to say I didn't get anything out of it.

If you're unfamiliar with this sort of seminar, imagine this: approximately 10 professional women ad 10 professional men, all stuffed into a small hotel meeting room for three days. Some attendees have come by their own volition; others, like me, have been sent by our employers, and are there with a few scattered co-workers. Add three facilitators whose job it is to whip every last person into an emotional frenzy. When even the most stoic manly men are crying their eyes out, your work is done.

Also, be sure to take the most self-conscious manly man and make him dance to a Elvis song in front of everyone, then act surprised when he starts weeping from abject shame and tells you that he hates your guts.

Shocking displays aside, I do feel the seminar will help me shed some of my cynicism and self-doubt, and will help me become more attuned to my emotions. It gave me a lot of insight into how I act the way I do (for both good and bad), and how I can generally be happier and more fulfilled. For these reasons, I recommend the seminar for everybody. (If you'd like details, just contact me.)

Of course, it should also be noted that after being whipped into an emotional frenzy for three days straight, I did not sleep well. And now I have a nasty cold, a wacky sleep schedule, and a near inability to get anything done at work.

It should also be noted that I met a very cute guy at the seminar, and there's no doubt meeting him made me a whole lot happier about the whole experience.

No comments: