Sunday, June 29, 2008

Imitation is...


...the sincerest form of flattery.

Top: Three-Two-One Drops at Anthropologie ($98)
Bottom: My newest necklace, crafted of sterling silver hoops and lapis lazuli briolettes.

I've had this quartet of stunning lapis briolettes for awhile now but wasn't sure what to do with them. When these earrings popped up on Anthropologie's website a few days ago, I had an "a-ha" moment. I'm quite fond of the resulting necklace. It puts my favorite color - a vibrant, rich blue - right where I want it.

Anthropologie's jewelry is a great source of inspiration at the moment. I've also made a silver version of these Prospector Hoop earrings:

However, I improved on the design by using leverback earwires. Lost earrings are no fun.

Lastly, the design of these Metronome Earrings intrigues me very much:

They are very sculptural, but make the wearer look very breezy-glamorous. They are great in gold, but the local bead store only carries those little nugget beads in silver, so I my try the design with pink and orange spinel or some other colorful gemstone in a warm color.

No comments: