Friday, August 22, 2008

Off, off, off!

If I've been silent lately, it's because I've been madly preparing for Burning Man. My buddies have an insane theme camp going, plus I needed to secure my supplies (nonperishable edible goodies, a metric ton of lightweight longsleeve knit shirts, etc.)

Tomorrow morning we're jetting off to Reno; after staying at the Atlantis (truly my fave Reno hotel) we're heading out to get water and any last-minute supplies before kissing normal civilization behind and going onto the desert.

Here's hoping the car doesn't break down, I don't break down, and so forth.

I have a good feeling about this trip, though. And holy shit! I don't have to work for an entire 7 days!

2 comments:

Anne At Large said...

Hey, if you have a spare minute I would love to buy you a coffee before you leave civilization behind... otherwise, have an awesome time out there and don't get too dehydrated!

Marianne said...

Oh geez, I'm sorry I missed you. Things were so hectic before I left, I didn't have time to check the computer.

But I had a great time at the festival and perhaps we'll meet up in Reno when next year's Burning Man rolls around!