Sunday, January 20, 2008

Makeup boner!

Today I dragged myself to the mall (evil vortex it is) to see if Sephora would take this eyeshadow palette off my hands.
I'd had it for months, and made me angry every time I used it. The gray was too dark for me and didn't blend, the vanilla was a sickly chalky white, and the middle color an ugly mushroom tone that did nothing for me. It's definitely one of those "cute in theory, terrible in practice" palettes. I'm sure it looks fine on other people, but not on me.

Of course, I didn't have the receipt, and I was nervous about whether they'd take it back. Luckily, Sephora is all kinds of awesome, and I exchanged it for this:

The brown is totally matte and looks like cocoa powder, the light color is as described (shimmering vanilla) and the green is hot stuff. It's a fairly bright green, which I've been looking for. I have a very subtle, sheer army green that I wear all the time, but I wanted something with more impact. By the way, I don't wear bright eyeshadow colors like a douchebag - I blend them into the crease. It's flattering and subtle, really.

Anyway, smiles all around. What did I do before Sephora?

[ Makeup palettes, $28 at Sephora ]

Edit: I reviewed Sephora on Yelp because I love it so fucking much.

No comments: