Tuesday, December 11, 2007

I'm going to P-town!

So y'all thought it was a good idea for me to go to Portland over Christmas to help decorate my cousin's apartment and see other assorted relatives. And I thought it was a good idea, too.

Of course, when I told my mother about this plan, she went absolutely apeshit. Apparently Christmas isn't Christmas unless she has her favorite kitchen elf (me) to cook meals, do chores, etc.

Also, I was sad that the plan would not allow me to visit my beloved grandparents.

However, thanks to my resourceful grandmother, I have a plan! I'm flying up to Reno on the 22nd, and my grandparents will pick me up from there and take me to their house. My aunt and uncle will be there for an early Christmas, and I will hitch a ride up with them to Portland.

Then merrymaking, decorating the apartment, visiting relatives, etc. will ensue.

On January 1st, I'll fly back home from Portland.

It's lots of traveling, but as long as it involves little or no driving on my part, I'm ha happy camper. And best of all, I can see tons of relatives AND enjoy Portland! Hallelujah!

Of course, between plane tickets and medical care costs stemming from my mutinous cervix, I'm feeling oh-so-broke. I plan on buying relatively inexpensive handmade gifts from Etsy, and making some goodies (truffles?) at home.

Anyone have hot tips for places to go in Portland? I'll be there for nearly a week. I plan to eat and drink myself to death when I'm not hitting up cool home decor stores, but details/tips are always welcome.

No comments: